Food, Sail, Love: Spaghetti alle Vongole, Recipe from Narelle
Narelle from Food, Sail, Love shares one of their favourite recipes, to make on board. This delicious recipespaghetti alle vongole, an Italian classic, is full of the fresh and summery flavours of parsley, garlic and of course clams. Minimum effort and maximum joy!
Serves 4 people
- 1 kg vongole (clams)
- 4 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- ¼ cup good quality olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli
- 1 generous cup white wine.
- Spaghetti for 4 (c.100 gm per person)
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Drop in the spaghetti and cook al dente.
- Heat the olive oil and cook the garlic and chilli well.
- Put the vongole in a pan with the white wine and cook for about 5 minutes until the clams open. Discard any that don’t.
- Add the almost cooked spaghetti and finish it off in the juices allowing it to absorb the flavours
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with finely chopped parsley, and of course, being seafood, traditionally no cheese.
- I usually add an extra trickle of olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.