Nourishing Soul Food Recipes for Autumn
by Debora Accolo
Summer has definitely come to an end. To sweeten the autumn weather a little, we only have two words for you: Soul Food!
This season, we have decided to share two delicious and easy-to-make soul-food recipes to help us go through the upcoming shorter and colder days. These recipes are promising to nourish one's body, inside and out. In other words, they are a little hug for the body, mind and soul.
Vegan and gluten-free banana bread
Ready in 1 hour
- 2 ripe bananas,
- 50 grams rice flour, buckwheat flour or gluten free flour of your choice,
- 50 grams ground almonds,
- 50 grams gluten free oats,
- A handful of dates (already crushed),
- A handful of nuts of your choice (already crushed),
- 2 tbsp date syrup (maple or coconut syrup work too),
- ¼ tbsp cinnamon and vanilla,
- 2 tbsp almond butter,
- 15 grams cacao,
- 40ml almond milk (other plant-based milk will work too)
- Mash the bananas and put aside.
- Mix oats, cacao, ground almonds and flour together.
- Add the dates, cinnamon, vanilla powder and nuts to the mixture and mix well.
- Add in the bananas, almond butter, milk and the date syrup, and mix everything until you get a smooth texture.
- Then pour it into the pan and bake at 180 degrees for about 20-22 minutes.
Apple crumble with coconut and almond
Ready in 1 hour
- 2 apples,
- 2 tbsp cinnamon,
- ¼ tsp. vanilla powder,
- 40 grams chopped almonds,
- 80 grams ground almonds,
- 60 grams coconut flour,
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice,
- 4 heaped tbsp. melted coconut oil,
- Juice of half a lemon
- Chop the apples and mix with the lemon juice and half of the cinnamon, then put them in a baking tray.
- For the crumble, put chopped almonds, coconut flour and ground almonds in a bowl, add the rest of the cinnamon and then the maple syrup, followed by the liquid coconut oil. Mix everything well.
- Spread the crumble mixture on the apples and bake in the oven at 180 degrees convection for 20 minutes.
- Serve with coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt, cream or ice cream of your choice.