Pumpkin Dessert with Tahini
A delicious Turkish dessert recipe that you must try if you have not tried it before!
Ready in 1 day
Serves 6 people
- 1.5 kg of peeled, sliced pumpkin
- 3.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of tahini
- Peel the pumpkin, cut it in cubes or thin slices. Then place them in a large pot.
- Sprinkle 3.5 cups of powdered sugar on them, close the lid of the pot and let it rest overnight.
- Check if there is any sugar residue on the pumpkins that are supposed to have watered in the morning. If you see some turn them upside down and let it mix with the water.
- Put the pot on the smallest compartment of your cooker with the lid closed and turn the cooker on at the lowest level.
- Leave the courgettes to simmer for 40 minutes over low heat. After 40 minutes, check if it is cooked by dipping a knife. (If the knife sinks easily, it is cooked.) If it needs to be cooked more, cook it on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the cooked dessert out of the pot in a glass container. Let it cool by pouring water over it.
- Serve by sprinkling tahini and walnuts on the cooled pumpkin.
Enjoy with a cup of freshly brewed tea!