Okra With Cherries
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
Okra is not for everybody. But this is different from a regular, boiled okra recipe. We are here with a delicious combination that will make everyone love this healthy vegetable. You will love the tartness of sour cherries, and be surprised how you can enjoy a healthy dish this much. Here is the okra stew recipe, slow cooked with olive oil, and a Mediterranean breeze.
- 500 grams of okra
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 half lemon juice
- 1 cup of cherry
- 1 glass of cherry juice
- 1 small cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Remove the seeds of the cherries and set them aside. You can also use frozen cherries.
- Clean the okra and soak them in lemon water.
- Take the pot and add olive oil, followed by chopped onion and garlic. Roast them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the okra, salt and sugar and mix.
- Add the cherries and sour cherry juice, close the lid and cook on high heat for 15 minutes and on low heat for 15 minutes. Enjoy your meal!
- Roast the onions for 3-4 minutes so that the sugar comes out.
- If there is no cherry juice, you can use water.